Friday, February 11, 2011

The Skateboard Cow


Here's a pretty cute one for all y'all with babies all over your legs. The skateboard cow is a character in the children's book A Crazy Day at the Critter Cafe by Barbara Odanaka. It's about a bunch of rabid animals that appear docile at first glance but eat all your kids when you turn your back. No, it's not. It's about a pack of delightful animal friends that get rad at a restaurant.



In true kid mind-melting fashion, one of the characters from the book, the Skateboard Cow, visits real-life schools. (I don't know about you guys, but when McGruff the Crime Dog came to Oakdale Elementary I tore my face off.) She reads the book and skates. The kids get her autograph. Everything is cool. Days later, your child screams and freaks the eff out when you try to give them a cheeseburger.



But, for reals, though. How awesome is the author's job? She's all, "Hmmm...What do I like? I like, kids, cows, books, skating. How could I ever make people pay me for this?"