Sunday, March 21, 2010

SxSW: Other Stuff People Like in Austin

There were definitely repeating themes in this town. Thing one: fixed gear to motorcycle ratio was one to one and a lot of them. I'm pretty sure when you move to Austin the fixed gear/motorcycle impresario of the town requires you to purchase both of them when you sign a lease. Or maybe everyone there is so cool that they ride their green motorcycle to pick up their matching green bike.

Thing two: Its called Taco One. I waited 30 minutes on this taco truck plus bribed a guy in line to let me break. It was that good. Maybe I should have listed Thing One as Taco One so it was less confusing. I digress...yum!

Thing three: being weird. They want to talk about it all the time. There are weird performance art shows all over the place. I saw two on accident. 90's industrial music. This guy. Renaissance fair. Magic Rope. Fake Shakespeare. Accordions. Punch & Judy. That's your inspiration.

Thing Four: The Jackalope.

Thing Five: Deer Tick at the Palm Door. Excellent venue. Its like if you were going to be all, "Dude, I am building a roadhouse!" and then you were the owner of this bar. Sorry the video is so dark. Close your eyes.