Sunday, March 21, 2010

SxSW: Mess with Texas

Friday was spent at the Mess with Texas party. It was definitely my favorite unofficial SxSW event. Its free & anyone can get in. On that note, a girl ran up to Honus Honus from Man Man and completely freaked out. I promised her I would post this photo because she didn't have a camera. She was sweet.

Both The Bronx & their arch rivals Mariachi El Bronx played within 2 hours on the same stage. I thought it would be a battle to the death, but it all worked out.

Keith Morris from Circle Jerks was hanging out back stage after his new band OFF! played. That band is packed with heavy hitters: Steve McDonald from Redd Kross, Dimitri Coats from Burning Brides, Mario Rubalcaba from Hot Snakes, ​Clikatat Ikatowi & Rocket from the Crypt. You know what else is backstage? Extremely well crafted tip jars.

As it got dark, Man Man played one of their best shows ever. I mean ever. So says the band. It was mobbed, & I was hanging off the scaffolding on the back of the stage, both arms wrapped around a poll to be able to see anything. And all you get is a photo of a guy in a pink skirt.