Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Fool: New Works from Albeck & Zamora


Friends of Vans, Derek Albeck & Marco Zamora, will be opening a show of new works at FECAL FACE DOT GALLERY tomorrow night April 1st in San Francisco. If you're in the Bay Area, borrow a bike & high tail it over to this jawn.

Here's what Marco had to say about the his pieces in the show:

"These recent paintings are a continuing series of work based off of photos I take. Using found objects within the photos, I collage what I find to create each painting. The work has been dealing with the human condition, compulsory collecting (Places and objects being collected by memory, function, and nostalgia), and interaction. The bicycle has been appearing a lot due to the fact that it has been becoming a main form of transportation for myself and especially the younger generation. The urban landscape is my wildlife. To recreate what I see and add life to life."

Derek didn't say anything. Ask him when you get there.