Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Photo of the Week: Aurélien Salomé

Technically this should be a plural "Photos of the Week." Meh. I didn't feel like breaking up the set. I like his work (penchant for Polaroids, duh), so Meet Aurélien. He's a 19-year-old photographer/Art History student born and raised in France. Here's what he has to say...

"The 3 main things that I'm interested in are photography, skate and surf. I don't live on a coast, so that lets me with skate and photography. I realised that I had more skill with a camera in the hands than with a board under my feet. So I started to take some pictures of my friends riding, and I just get addicted to it."

"I had my first pair of Vans in a little skateshop in France. When I saw the movie Lords of Dogtown, I had only one thought in head: "I need those shooooes!". So I went in like 10 different skateshop to find the Vans Era they have in the movie. I wore them pretty much everyday during a year, and I started to buy other Vans. Today, Vans rules my life! So here I am, with my little collection."

Seems like he's doing well with portraits, too. The photo of the girl is heavy on the Art History tip...what up nod to the old masters?

Thanks a lot Aurélien. To see more of his work, take a look at his galleries HERE and HERE.