Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tiny Pony + Travis Barker= Custom Vans

Jessica Taylor rides around with tiny ponies in her car, makes fan drawings of Travis Barker, goes to art school...what else? She paints custom Vans. Wait, excuse me. She's from Santa Cruz, CA. She paints hella custom Vans. Here's a little more about Jessica straight from the horse's mouth (oops!):

"I have been drawing since I was really young and at the age of 14 I got more serious about it. In 2005 I graduated from high school and since then have been working part time and attending Cabrillo College part time for an art degree.( Although I really have no idea what I will do with it!)"

"I am also very interested in tattooing and might decide to take up an apprenticeship in the near future. I just recently started painting about a year ago and have gotten more into the whole color thing. I am a varied artist; I don’t like to stick to one subject or medium, although I’d have to say portraits and tattoo styled artworks would be my favorite."

"As for the custom Vans, one of my boyfriend’s friends had asked me to paint up a pair for him one day and they came out pretty cool, after that I was hooked! I started buying my own to paint up and people were really interested in them. I have also done a couple hats and want to start on some clothing. For now I mainly use my Myspace page to get my art around, but a website will be in the works soon and hopefully a small business for my art and custom apparel!"

I thought she said she didn't know what she wanted to do with that degree? Sounds like she does after all. Duh, make art. If you're interested in hitting her up for some shoes TRY HER MYSPACE. YAHHHHHH!!!!

And here's another tiny pony for you...just because.