Friday, November 14, 2008

Classic Skate Film, Sick Boys, Re-Released

While reading my daily BOARDISTAN, I learned that Sick Boys, originally released by Mack Dawg in 1988, will be at last making it to DVD this month. The classic skate film features Natas Kaupas, Julien Stranger, Bryce Kanights, Steve Caballero, Christian Hosoi, Jim Theibaud, Ron Allen, Mike Archimedes, Mickey Reyes, and Tommy Guerrero. All footage was shot on super 8 back in the day, apparently, when Mack Dawg had nothing but a camera on a stick. New bonus footage on the DVD includes interviews with many of the guys 20 years fatter...I mean later. (KIDDING! Gah guys, let me have one joke.) Seriously though, Jim Theibaud's interview clips were fantastic. Nearly brought a tear to my eye. Here's one of the teasers...

Sick Boys 1988 from Bryce Kanights on Vimeo.

Skate & Annoy wrote a great post about the film yesterday. Check it out HERE. Look for updates on where/when you can get the film on the SICK BOYS SITE.