Thursday, April 17, 2008

One Thing Leads to Another...

Have you heard about that new book “Custom Kicks” by Dutch design collective MAKI? It ain’t out yet, but you can jump in on the pre-sale on Amazon: Custom Kicks Book.



One of the artists featured in the book is the 19-year-old Florida college student, Michael, owner of ChooseYourShoes.net. (Yeah, he’s just “Michael” like “Oprah” is singularly “Oprah.”) His work is one of only a couple dozen artists featured in the book. Michael’s got so much work right now that he’s backed up for the next 6 months, but you can take a number on his site: Choose Your Shoes. Here’s a particularly interesting pair that Michael just finished for up-and-coming photographer, Ryan Pfluger, whose portfolio I checked out because of these sneakers.



Dang, Ryan’s work is pretty rad. He’s shot for New York Magazine, Paper, Time Out New York, BPM…blah, blah, blah. Count me as an instant fan of Ryan as he took this nice portrait of Panda Bear. You can check out Ryan’s work here: Ryan Pfluger Photography.



If you don’t know Panda Bear… that leads us back to the Panda Bear video that skate peeps Pat O'Dell and Sam Salganik shot last year. I sure do love following me some threads. You don't even need 7 degrees.

1 comment:

Servidores said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.