Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Obituary for Slip-Ons

Paul Solis was so heartbroken over the need to move on in life without his nasty, nasty kicks that he decided to blog a short memorial:

"Saturday, February 2, 2008
R.I.P. Shoes. I finally discarded my collection of misused and worn slip on Vans. It's been a long time coming. My Vans and I went through a lot together. We went on so many beach trips and bike ride, now there [sic] in shoe heaven."



What I want to know is....what happened to the sixth shoe? There's one missing in this barf-looking pile. Was it crusted and mangled to the point that it could not be included in the photo? It was probably smeared in dog poop and set on fire a few months ago. Or maybe it got lost on that bike ride. Paul is an artist living in Oakland, CA. He needs you to buy copies of his latest zine so that he can buy some new shoes. Getting on without your sneakers pretty well, eh Paul? Just replace them, huh? FINE! I thought artists were sentimental. Gee whiz. Sketchy Blog.



1 comment:

Paul Solis said...

I miss them actually.