Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Kevin Tenglin Won't Be My Friend.


Last week the new iPhone x Facebook commercial popped up on TVs around the country. Guess the level of the stoke-o-meter around Vans when everyone saw the kid doing the handplant wearing our kicks? High, bro. Emails were sent. I had to get to the bottom of it. How did this happen? It turns out that the Facebook profile featured in the commercial is a REAL profile, and the pics featured in the iPhone ad are from that user's profile. Kevin Tenglin is a star. Yes, I easily found him both on Facebook and Myspace and verified that he is a live fella. I sent him a lovely friend request and asked him a couple of questions about his newfound A-List celebrity status, "Have you been to Hyde, yet? Are you on the list? Who’s your agent?" And what do I hear back from him? ZILCH! I see that it's all going to his head. Not only does Mr. Tenglin not answer my carefully crafted interview questions, he does not accept me as a friend! It's been a week. He's obviously not getting my emails because he's too busy jet-setting around the globe on a jet with jet-setters. Check out the iPhone commercial here: iPhone Commercial.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you... these people on facebook today are all about getting in the apple commercials and then are way too big to even add small people like us to their entourage. If ever I was on a Apple ad I would surely be adding people left and right so that my fame could spread. The world! Bah!

Anonymous said...

well he only has 8 facebook friends...so I kind of doubt he is a real person or accepting new friend requests. How do you know he's not made up?

Anonymous said...

LOL, get off his d1ck, hes not even a real person....

Anonymous said...

Hi..this is Kevin. I stumbled upon your Blog when I googled my name just to see what would come up..seeing as I'm a celebrity now and all this. I just wanted to put to rest the rumours that I'm fake..how could I be typing this if I was a fake person? I haven't added you as a friend yet because I've been sifting through all my friend requests and just must not have gotten to your yet because I have so many. So you shall be added shortly. I don't know what you look like yet but, if you're cute, do you wanna hook up? I've got mad street cred and clout. I'd love to show a newb on the scene such as yourself a thing or two.

Nikki S. said...

thanks kevin! whoohoo! friends 4-ever! You're so controversial...you're like Mike Tyson and Santa all in one.

Nikki S. said...

yes, totally cute and I am 17, too! OMG LOL LMAO MAO ZEDONG

Anonymous said...

The ad agency who did the Facebook iPhone ad had to create profiles for each of the supposed Facebook users in the ad. Kevin, Francesca, everyone else are actors/models. They have agents, go out for auditions and book jobs if they are fortunate. So, no, Kevin Tenglin is not a real person. So don't stress yourself out trying to add him :)

Anonymous said...

Another thought. You need to have more respect for yourself honey. There are some sad, desperate guys out there using the "Kevin Tenglin" persona as a way to get girls. If you check out the 8 friends the original Tenglin facebook profile has, 5 are from the ad agency that did the Apple commercial and the other 3 are profiles that appeared in the commercial.

So, think about it. Whoever is pretending to be the character in the ad has some serious issues, so don't give him the time of day. Plus, the actor who plays Tenglin is a real person with a girlfriend, a family, friends. So at the very least be respectful of him and the people in his lfie.

Nikki S. said...

Oh no you didn't! I be havin' mad respec! I know that song! Isn't that a song by Aretha Franklin? I LOVE her! I sing it all day everyday! Do you like Aretha, too? Jeez! maybe we should hang out, too. it really seems like we have so much in common. You obviously TOTALLY get this blog!

Anonymous said...

I get you much better now! Obviously you're not great with sarcasm. The idea with it is to make it obvious that you're not serious. You do that much better in your last post :) Remember, if you don't make your sarcasm serious, then people will think you're just a poor pathetic loser. But you've finally got it now so you just seem like a bitch! Congrats :)