Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Nice Trash!



Our intern's boyfriend's dad found this original gangsta Van Doren Rubber Company sneaker box with reciept in his garage a couple of weeks ago. He'd had it since 1968. No kicks were included in the box. Bummer, but whatevs. It's nice to know that you can be crazy and keep a pile of junk so long that it goes from trash to cool and even a shoe box becomes a collector's item. I am never taking out the trash again. I'll be boss & rich when I'm old! I'll be all, "This pizza box is 65 years old with the original cheese still gunked in there..." I'll make tens of dollars of that racket.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oohhh. a nice study in conservation...:)

Ceci said...

It was actually my boyfriend who found it, in his grandfather's house. But it wasn't his grandfather's box. It was his grandfather's brother that lived there and he was a major pack rat.

Nikki S. said...

so ceci, it was more complicated than i thought. good thing we cleared your boyfriend's grandfather's brother's reputation and put the blame on the true culprit..your boyfriend's grandfather's brother that sometimes lived there. hahaha:)

Rich Dawson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
surfdickie said...

Awesome find!!!!!!!!!! I have a VAN shoebox from 1969. It is part of my large vintage VANS collection. I grew up a block from the original factory/store in downtown Anaheim dating back to 1966. I have been wearing VANS for 30 years.