Thursday, November 8, 2007

Vans vs Veens


Continuing the webtronic globetrotting today, let's head south of the border. Have you guys seen Veens? Mexico seems to be peddling these things pretty hard. Say, you get mad about peeps coppin' your steeze. You complain about it, but there's always someone to give you the old "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" line. I call bosh on that. It's total Single White Female with Vans as Briget Fonda, and Veens is all creepy Jennifer Jason Leigh stealing underwear. Icky. By the way, let me give props for this find to Seattle lawyer Michael Atkins because maybe he'll sue me and take my 1990 Honda if I don't.

4 comments:

Jason said...

there is also the chinese variation...VAIRNS. they pop up on ebay every now and then masquerading as vans. pretty hilarious.

love the blog!

Ricky said...

lol I just came back from Mexico and I took the exact same picture, probably the same shop. For some shoes, all they did was mirror the logo so it said snav instead of vans.

Ricky said...

I just came back from mexico, I took the exact same pictre. In one all they did is mirror the logo so it says snav instead of vans

Ricky said...

I just came back from mexico, I took the exact same pictre. In one all they did is mirror the logo so it says snav instead of vans